- Teach / show students basic satellite construction.
- Let students command the satellite.
- Use the satellite with the airborne campaigns at UNIS. Part of AGF-330: Imaging spectroscopy by plane (See http://fred.unis.no
and http://www.unis.no/studies/ )
- Ice formation in the Arctic
- Vegetation studies on Svalbard
- Validate the satellite
- Make Stereo images of Svalbard
- Supply images to the geological visualization system of Svalbard made by Statoil
- Auroral studies: Track the Auroral Station in Adventdalen (http://haldde.unis.no) by the satellite to
obtain both images of the day- and night side aurora from ground and space.
- Image the cloud cover / weather applications.
- Marine resource research
- Arctic Environmental protection studies
- Polar Search and Rescue studies
- Develop future satellite instrumentation for TUBSAT.
- Interdisciplinary studies (Geophysics down to Biology)
- Promote the project to recruit new students.
- Make a closer link between the Norwegian Space Center and the teaching at UNIS
- The list can be continued ….